Please click on the button below and create an account in the conference registration system. After logging in, click on “Send new abstract” to submit an abstract.
- Abstracts are required for ALL oral presentations, video presentations and e-posters.
- Abstracts shall be submitted by
January 31February 7, 2024 (23:59 GMT)
- Abstracts shall be submitted in English.
- Final placement as an oral, e-poster, or video presentation is subject to the discretion of the Scientific Committee.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference abstract book.
- Withdrawal of abstracts will only be accepted if notification is provided to EHS Prague 2024 in writing, and subsequently confirmed by the Conference Secretariat. Withdrawal of an abstract is only possible up to 14 days after notification of acceptance.
- Please note, an abstract may be scheduled for presentation on any day of the conference.
|Abstract submission opens
|November 2, 2023
|Abstract submission closes
|Eary bird registration deadline
|March 8, 2024
|May 29–31, 2024
The presenting author must register for the full conference within 14 days after acceptance of an abstract. HERNIA2024 reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific programme that is not followed by a participant registration within 14 days after notification of acceptance.
Generic names must be used for all references to products or companies. Brand names may be inserted as a reference at the bottom of the abstract page. Papers containing company names or brand names in the abstract text may be rejected. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to replace any brand name with a generic name without further notice.
The body of the abstract shall be concise with a maximum of 250 words. The abstract system will not accept abstracts that are in excess of the 250 word limit.
Titles shall be as brief and concise as possible, but with enough detail to ensure a clear understanding of the study context.
An abstract must include the following information:
- Aim: Clearly state the purpose.
- Material & Methods: Clearly describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects.
- Results: Results shall be presented in a logical sequence.
- Conclusions: Emphasize new and important aspects, perhaps as a discussion section, along with corresponding conclusions.
- All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
- Avoid text in bold or italics.
- Use single line spacing.
- Statements such as, “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented,” will not be accepted.
- Omit references and acknowledgements at the bottom of the abstract page.
- There are three categories of presentations available – oral, video or e-poster. Presentation slots are limited. Therefore, some abstracts may be re-allocated from oral to poster presentation.
- The Scientific Committee will review all abstracts.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent directly to all presenting authors and submitters by e-mail.
- It is the responsibility of all investigators that studies are performed with respect to international legislation and ethical guidelines for medical research involving humans and/or animals.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject any submitted abstract that is believed to violate these principles.
- Please verify that the email address of both the submitter and/or presenting author is accurate. The provided e-mail will be utilized for contacting you after the review process.
- If you are submitting a video presentation, please send us (besides its abstract) the video presentation in mp4 format via WeTransfer to email@example.com. Please mention "EHS video" and your surname in the "Title" box.
- Please provide a written summary outlining details of the operation you wish to demonstrate as well as the applicable clinical scenario. You are required to upload a video file that shall be at least 3–4 minutes long in readable format (MP4 or .MOV). Other formats will be considered if the video is readable.
- Movies will be marked on innovation as well as unique and interesting cases and clinical scenarios.
- We welcome both open and minimally invasive techniques, and will allocate presentations from a broad range of countries in consideration of their respective resources.
- Submissions shall be reviewed based upon abstract text and video.
- Accepted presentations may be asked to upload the video again. EHS Prague 2024 will provide additional information.
- Videos that are uploaded for other types of abstract presentation (oral or poster) shall be deleted and not assessed with the text abstract.
- Video Max. duration: 4 minutes.
- Video Max. size: 500 MB.